“Just Breathe” Art Exhibition
– Scenes, Sounds, and Scents in Romantic Watercolours
Artists Celia Leung and Esmie Gayo McLaren
A contemporary fusion of Western and Eastern approaches to watercolour painting, the exhibit celebrates the freshness of nature and warmth of nurture. The artists encourage viewers to perceive with all their senses and linger in delightful, idyllic moments.
May 1 – 31, 2019
Jeunesse Gallery of Fine Arts,
2668 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Reception: May 4th, Saturday, 2 – 4 pm
Presented by the Filipino Music and Art Foundation in BC and curated by Imelda Cajipe Endaya, this exhibit will be a gathering of 12 invited artists and their works. Guest artists from New York City and the Philippines will complete the local lineup.
Artists: Lenore RS Lim, Danvic Briones, Esmie Gayo McLaren, Tessie Dichupa, Mayo Landicho, Aze Ong, Lorina Capitulo, Rico Lanzano, Bert Monterona, Edgardo Lantin, Jo Galang, and Ileta Buenaventura.
Gerry Thorne Exhibition Hall, Roundhouse Community Centre, Vancouver, BC
Sept. 17 – 28, 2019 “Expanding Horizons”, Philippine Center, New York City
Nov., 2015 “It’s Summer, Somewhere”, Aphrodite Café (Restaurant), Vancouver, B.C.
June/July, 2008 Frame Right, Vancouver, B.C.
Oct., 2006 “This ‘n That”, Creative Framing & Gallery, Vancouver, B.C.
Sept., 2004 “Songs of the Journey”, Burnaby Arts Council Gallery, Burnaby, B.C.
2002 – 2005 “A Garden Gallery”, Mandeville Gardens, Burnaby, B.C.
March, 2003 “Ode To Friendship”, Silk Purse Gallery, West Vancouver, B.C.
Select Group Exhibitions:
- “Essence” (Ottawa)
– art celebrating the roles, struggles, and triumphs of women
Date: Sept. 10 -23, 2018 Reception: September 11, 2018
About: Group exhibit with Lenore R.S. Lim, Pamela Gotangco, Art Zamora,
Chito Maravilla, Danvic Briones, Kristina Corre, and Melanie Yugo.
Venue: Philippine Embassy in Canada, Ottawa
- “Scattering & Gathering”
– a collaboration between Lenore RS Lim, printmaker, and Lakshmi Gill, poet, about their stories of migration. Curated by Jing Palad and supported by works from Danvic Briones, Art Calapatia, Maria Rita Castillo, Stuart Naval Dee, Chito Maravilla, Esmie Gayo McLaren, and Wilbur Victoria
Show date: July 7 – 12, 2018, Opening reception, July 8th, 2 – 5 pm
Roundhouse Exhibition Hall, 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC.
- April 27 – May 26, 2018 “Essence” (North Vancouver)
– art celebrating the roles, struggles, and triumphs of all women
About: Group exhibit with Lenore R.S. Lim, Pamela Gotangco, Chito Maravilla, and Danvic Briones.
Venue: 335 Lonsdale Avenue, CityScape Artspace, North Van.
Presented by Meld Arts Foundation and North Vancouver Community Arts Council
Partners: Philippine Consulate in Vancouver,The Social Justice Institute (GRSJ) University of British Columbia, Filipino Music and Art Foundation in B.C., Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society (VAHMS)
- February 10 – 23, 2017 Chinese New Year Exhibition, by invitation, International Arts Gallery, Int’l Village, Vancouver BC
- Jan.2014 – Present Gallery Representation, Jeunesse Gallery of Fine Arts and Sculptures, Vancouver
- Dec. 1 – 31, 2017 ArtRich 2017, Richmond Art Gallery, Richmond BC
- Jul.15 – Aug.31,2017 Work On Paper, Summer Group Exhibition, Lipont Art Centre, Richmond, BC
- Autumn 2017, SPAA, Philippine Center, 5th Avenue, New York City
- Autumn 2016, SPAA, Philippine Center, New York
- May 2-31, 2016 3-Person show, “Asian Waters” Watercolour Exhibn., Jeunesse Gallery, Vancouver, B.C.
- Dec18-May31,2016 Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver, B.C.
- Aug. 10-14, 2015 Pagtitipon – A Gathering Art Exhibn., 10 artists, curated, Roundhouse Exhibition Hall, Vancouver, B.C.; Exhibition Co-chairperson
- Jan. 2015 Gallery 88, Vancouver, B.C.
- May 2014 So This Is Canada, Gen. One Exhibn. 2014, curated, International Arts Gallery, Vancouver, B.C.; Exhibition chairperson
- Feb. 2014 Works on Paper, Federation of Canadian Artists, Vancouver, B.C.
- Oct. 2014 SPAA, Philippine Center, New York, USA
- Sept. 2013 3-Person Show with Briones and Peabody, Brush With Strangers, Van., B.C.
- Nov. 2011 Bountiful Exhibition, Mount Vernon, Washington, USA